Statement of Intent for Trust Schools
The effectiveness of leadership & management
- We are ambitious for ourselves and our students and articulate high expectations and a strong drive to improve throughout our Trust.
- We ensure that governance continually strengthens accountability and the evaluation of impact, underpinned by effective management of resources.
- We expect that, through the subject and wider curriculum, students will articulate fundamental British values and develop high standards of personal responsibility, a positive caring attitude towards other people, an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.
The quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Our aim is to provide a rich and engaging experience which provides an exceptional foundation for life-long achievement. Skilful and imaginative high quality teaching, together with effective assessment and feedback, mean that students’ learning, within and beyond the classroom, is rapid.
- We have high expectations of all students, particularly in the development of essential skills and their capacity to learn independently and respond positively to feedback.
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Our aim is that all students thrive and develop confidence and independence in learning in a fully inclusive, secure and welcoming environment. We seek to embed this ethos in all areas of school life.
- We expect all students to be self-motivated, self-regulating and supportive of each other.
- It is our ambition that all students promote our community spirit and school ethos
Outcomes for all pupils
- Our aim is that all students learn well and make excellent progress.
- We want disadvantaged students to achieve at least as well as other students.
- We want students with additional educational needs to make good progress.
- We expect all students to be exceptionally well prepared for the next stage in their education